We specialize in making playable musical artifacts for artists who are passionate about their music, but are not yet able to sell 500+ records, or who want to make unique, limited ARTifacts.
It is important to us to help you find a project that will fit your budget. Many bands choose one-sided records and silkscreen the b-side, or choose short songs to minimize cost.
Perfect as a special, limited edition item for tour merch & as rewards for Kickstarter, IndieGoGo, Pledgemusic, etc!
Please do not ask us to cut anything racist, homophobic, or otherwise small minded. That stuff is real stupid.
1. I cannot take any time-sensitive orders. I am leaving town unexpectedly for a month, and have a 3000 record personal job for my record label, PIAPTK.com that I have to do when I return. I AM STILL TAKING ORDERS, but only if you can wait until November or so and don't have a deadline.
2. I am having problems with SOME GUITAR ROCK/METAL/PUNK orders right now. For some reason, I am having a hard time getting clean cuts on some full frequency, distorted, music. Clean electronic, dance, hip hop, singer songwriter, drone, or harsh noise type music sounds fine, but studio recorded wall of noise type stuff just doesn't sound right. I am working on making new needles that will accomodate this type of music, but can't do it until the fall. If your music falls into this category, please send me samples of the audio that I can evaluate to see if I think good cuts are possible.
- Short Run lathe cut records
- Minimum order of 20 copies
- All records come in clear plastic sleeves
About Lathe Cut Records:
These are not a direct substitute for pressed records. These are 100% hand-made, in real time. If the record is 10 minutes long, it took 10 minutes to cut plus setup time. This labor, coupled with the maintenance and knowledge required makes these lathe-cuts more expensive (per piece) than a larger pressing of vinyl. The benefits are minimums that are much lower (20 vs 300+), turnaround time is quicker (usually 1 month or less vs 4+ months), and the format is more flexible (shapes, picture discs, etc).
These records should be treated like, and priced as unique works of art. It is like the difference between selling a cheap gift shop print of a painting and an original artist print of that painting.
Please read the FAQ section before emailing!
all content © LatheCuts.com /// version 2.2
site design by (das) : www.DASdrones.org